[3830] CQ160 CW VO1HP Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VO1HP Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 22:38:27 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VO1HP
Operator(s): VO1HP
Station: VO1HP

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: GN37
Operating Time (hrs): 19
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 464  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 50  Total Score = 310,650

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

Wonderful conditions Friday night but 5 hour late start due to social
commitments....not quite same conditions on Sat.  Pulled an all nighter on Sat
...first time in years.  The band kept producing and it soon became too late
(early) to go to bed.  My best score in long time and very pleased with the
remote K3 performance.

Thanks to all the callers...you made my day!

Things that continue to surprise:
1) A very strong running station that cannot or will not hear me.
2) A very weak DX in a pileup that will hear me...ex: V31YN on first call
3) The strength of 7Z1SJ's signals delivered by a piece of wire on the ground.
4) Daily path 2000-2100Z to eastern Europe and UA land but no signals from
Western Eu.

K3 Remote (100w.) with K3 Mini
55ft Inverted L + FCP (thanks K2AV)
Rx antenna: 200ft BOG unterminated NE-SW

73 Frank VO1HP