[3830] CQ160 CW KB3VQC(@WA3EKL) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K0OO.PAT@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KB3VQC(@WA3EKL) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 00:59:42 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KB3VQC
Operator(s): K0OO KB3VQC KG4USN WA3EKL N3DPB
Station: WA3EKL

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 26

Total:  QSOs = 522  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 31  Total Score = 129,108

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

>From the Contest Crew at the QTH of WA3EKL:

This was our first 160 M CW Contest. We used the Zory's call KB3VQC for this
event.  We had a limited crew this time and some of our ops were known to be
super CW operators.
We found that FLDIGI and the CW reader were very useful utilities to assist
bringing some of our operators up to speed and promoting more QSOs.
FLDIGI was not as cooperative and it decided to lock up one of our systems at
about Midnight local time Friday.  We had to use Plan B
and moved our operations to the backup station and computers, while Alan
resolved the issues on the problem hardware and software.
We all learned a lot more about N1MM + .  The vertical receiving array heard
stations exceptionally well throughout the contest.  The food was delicious as
usual.
We missed some of the Northern Canadian multipliers, Alaska (though we did
notice that KL7SB had made an earlier appearance on Friday early in the
contest).  We also missed Nebraska and DC.  Better luck next time.
Congratulations too all those stations that were over the 1000 Q mark.  The
team is on the move catch up to you eventually.
We are all looking forward to the RTTY Contest in February.  A good time was
had by all in this event. Here is looking to the next one.

73

All of the ops at WA3EKL.