[3830] CQ160 CW WO1N Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WO1N@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW WO1N Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 03:20:11 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 9

Total:  QSOs = 225  State/Prov = 40  Countries = 10  Total Score = 28,450

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station: FTdx5000mp, Trap L (~60' vertical), N1MM+

 Soapbox :

Played around a bit Friday evening and decided I was having fun. I was
planning to tear into the FTdx5000mp Saturday to replace those blasted OLED
displays,but held off to avoid any possible problems and did another stint
Saturday night.

 I am using a really laughable antenna, but it plays at least as good as the
worst full size inverted "L" I've ever put up. Take a DX-LB and stand
one leg vertical and the other leg as a single elevated radial. My DX totals
reflect this as much as a really stupidly horrendous noise environment and no
receive antenna.

 Conditions were even better Saturday night, but Europe was still relatively
rare. Furthest worked to the west was AZ. Found a 4M high up in the band all
alone, that was cool. Was rolling along even including a few short runs.
Suddenly around 2:00 AM local it seemed like no one could hear me any more. I
took that as a sign to hit the sack.

 Apologies for forcing you all to suffer what must really be a piss-weak
signal!

 73,
 Ken - WO1N