[3830] CQ160 CW 8S0DX(SM0DSG) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gothlin.leif@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW 8S0DX(SM0DSG) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 11:25:29 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: 8S0DX
Operator(s): SM0DSG
Station: 8S0DX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 988  State/Prov = 8  Countries = 63  Total Score = 355,142

Club:

Comments:

I was amazed how my QRP-signal was reaching whole of Europe. Although I had to
be equipped with a lot of patience when running S&P and waiting for a QSO
as the last man in the queue. Operating in the RUN position was a lot easier
especially in the upper part of the band.

I also had the distinct feeling of more European activity in the contest than
previous years.

Managed to run a few DX as well when using a very temporary super DX-antenna.
Close to my sunrise I was able to raise a big balloon to a height of 100 m =
5/8 wave vertical. The balloon was in the air for less than an hour at 3
occasions. Although the weather conditions were good with almost no wind and no
snow in the air, I was quite nervous when it was up in the air. This super
DX-antenna really made the difference compared to the mainly used 1/4 wave
top-loaded vertical for the DX-contacts.
Thanks to the DX�'s for having such a patience in trying to get my call sign ok
in the log.

QTH = a very small island in the Baltic sea

TX-antennas:
No 1= 1/4 wave top-loaded vertical. Standing on top of the ice in the Baltic
Sea with 70 radials spread out on the ice.
No 2 = 5/8 wave vertical raised with a balloon with 40 radials

RX-antennas = 4 beverages crossing the island