[3830] CQ160 CW KT8K Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt8k@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KT8K Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 23:37:01 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: EN82 SE Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 1:50

Total:  QSOs = 69  State/Prov = 22  Countries = 0  Total Score = 4,050

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Didn't get a chance to op during the first half of the contest, so I hear I
missed the worst bit.  When I was on, though, condx were pretty good, and I had
no problem making contacts with my 5 Watts to a 40/80m wire vertical.  I had fun
and wished I had a lot more time to devote to it.  Need to put in serious BIC in
the next one.

I expect to be in the ARRL Int. DX tests, and hope to put you all in my log
then. 73 and thanks for all the Q's. Best reception to all - Tim

equipment:
- old Tentec Orion running 5 Watts, receiving 1 rx/antenna in each ear
- MFJ Grandmaster memory keyer w. Bencher BY-1 paddle
- WGA TR2000 headset
- ancient XP laptop (Dell Inspiron 8200) with homebrew RS-232 keying interface
- N1MM+ logging/station control software

Antennas:
- 40/80m wire vertical fed at 12 feet, 2 elevated radials per band (plus 1 old
43' radial), fed with 300 Ohm TV twin lead by an LDG Z-11 autotuner
- 20/40/80m multi-wire dipole for diversity reception

Thanks for enjoying my ham radio (and other) songs:
"I Want a Big Tower" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNWZjzrzgwA
"If You Ain't Runnin', You Ain't Winnin'"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNWZjzrzgwA