[3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2017 13:56:40 +0000
NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: stx
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:  101
   40:  133
   20:  109
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Five Land Roamers

Comments:

Another great Sprint contest. We had really good condx here. Only heard one mult
I missed (W1WBB in RI) and then only once, weak, and on the wrong side of the
sequence. Tried a CQ over and under his last known freq but nil.

Knew about the VT and BC QSO parties, and heard a VA7 before the bell rang to
start the sprint, but he got away under a deluge of callers. Never heard a W1
in any fashion.

Band condx were strange, as usual. Twenty meters seems to go long, then changed
and was great just as I thought it was closing. Forty meters did the same,
started strong, got flaky, and then settled down and stayed open. All in all,
the conditions were very good.

Thanks to Geo, K5TR, who schlepped an Alpha 87 over one hour before the contest
started to save me from going LP when my (formerly) trusty 87A faulted out due
to "high filament current" the day of the Sprint. Really appreciate
that, since K5OT, who operated from the K5TR station, saw my email to some
locals and alerted George. Again, very classy move, as Geo was on his way to
the K5AND station for some work and stopped by here.

One of my limitations is not being to continue totally SO2R the last 90 minutes
due to some RFI issues between 40 and 80 as well as, probably, operator fatigue
here. That's one area of improvement, but it's the same one contest after
contest. Yada yada yada.

Another great Sprint, with the best operators. I still don't know how to
appease the mult gods. Congrats to those who have broken the code.

Jim N3BB