[3830] NA Sprint CW K3UA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K3UA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 16:56:59 +0000
NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K3UA
Operator(s): K3UA
Station: K3UA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WPA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   80:  118
   40:   22
   20:   48
---------------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Team: NCC MRRC FRIENDS EAST

Comments:

One radio - K3 with multiband 80M dipole up 25 feet and parallel line with
multiple tuners.

Had a decent start on 20M but band was way too long so felt like I had to get
to 40M earlier than I had liked.

But then on 40M I encountered a new problem.  After making several fast Qs I
got a text from my wife saying that the internet had gone down.  So I quickly
when inside the house and reset the internet since this had happened before.
But then after another Q or two I get another text from her saying it was down
again.  So here I am with some new RFI problem on 40M where I interfere with
the FIOS optical box causing the box to glitch and shutting down the
connection.  Rats!

So to keep the household and marital peace I decide to bag the Sprint on 40M
and just wait for guys to start hitting 80M hoping that I would be clean on
80M.

And the rest was history - 80 worked fine and managed to work 118 Qs there as
80 sounded pretty good.

Congrats to all the scores.

Now I have to do some testing and see if I can eliminate this RFI situation.
It seems to have just begun when Verizon recently replaced our FIOS Optical
box.

Phil K3UA