[3830] RTTY WPX NA6O SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX NA6O SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 00:18:14 +0000
CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: NA6O
Operator(s): NA6O
Station: NA6O

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Livermore, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:   51
   40:  434
   20:  246
   15:   84
   10:    0
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

TS-590s, KPA500, verticals, dipoles at 15 ft, N1MM+ [MMTTY + 2Tone]

WPX... Where everyone works everyone, and everyone's a mult! A great contest
for us pea-shooters. My goal was to break 600 Qs, and in fact this is my
all-time QSO record from my little station. BIC pays. Dual RTTY decoders paid
off regularly; highly recommended.

The highs: 40 from 3-7 AM was my BIG producer, long JA runs especially Saturday
with very cool pileups. Had a couple of good runs on 15 and 20 in the afternoon
Saturday, much less so Sunday. My only EU was an LY plus 3 Finlands. That's par
for the course here. Overall conditions were pretty good. I'd say Saturday was
best.

To lows: Operation after sunset is basically impossible now due to a failing
street light in front of my house. Nothing but S9+ buzz everywhere. City says
they will fix it... in 6 weeks! Much valuable air time lost there. Mornings are
typically poor producers here, and this was no exception. 20 is basically
silence here even though the band is filled with hundreds of spots. Working 10
Qs per hour is considered a great success. I listened to Chris running
WV6I@K6LRG Sunday morning. He worked about 10 in a few minutes. Only one was
even above my noise floor, and no print. So yes, there is just a little
difference between the pea-shooter and the big guns!

Thanks for the Qs and see y'all next contest.