[3830] RTTY WPX N6EE(@W2RE/1) SOSB80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, RONL@csustan.edu
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX N6EE(@W2RE/1) SOSB80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 00:32:17 +0000
CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: N6EE
Operator(s): N6EE
Station: W2RE/1

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: Maine
Operating Time (hrs): ~14
Remote Operation

------------
   80:  390
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Now THAT was fun!

I used the Remote Ham Radio station in Eastport, Maine which has a four square
located as close to Europe as you can get from the USA. Elecraft K3,FSK,600
watt solid state amp, and Writelog all worked perfectly.  No discernible
latency, pops or drops via Internet from central California, about 2500 miles
away.

Absolutely no man made noise, but the QRM from hundreds of stations packed like
sardines in the relatively narrow 80M RTTY segment put the K3 to the test. I was
able to copy way more European and Middle East stations than could copy me, even
though the Reverse Beacon Network often showed my signal strength as quite
strong. Guess the QRM in Europe is pretty nasty :(

Thanks to all of you who struggled to copy through that nasty QRM and get me in
the log.   And thanks to all for the QSOs.  I appreciate it.

73,
Ron N6EE