[3830] RTTY WPX G0URR/P SOSB40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, G0URR@robbwebbphotography.co.uk
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX G0URR/P SOSB40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 19:16:51 +0000
CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: G0URR/P
Operator(s): G0URR
Station: G0URR/P

Class: SOSB40 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 30

------------
   80:
   40:  630
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  630  Prefixes = 417  Total Score = 1,145,016

Club:

Comments:

A huge entry for me this year. Two years ago I operated from my car in the New
Forest, 2017 found me operating from the Passford House Hotel, Lymington, hotel
Gym with power and heat and a hotel room for my off time, sheer luxury.
Antennas were a pair of homebrewed 40m phased verticals, kept 30m apart, fed
seperately, one N/S one E/W, a homebrewed full size rotatable 40m dipole at
15m. The verticals were amazing, the dipole, barely used. Calling CQ on the
dipole, nothing, switch to the verticals, instant response, my new favourite
antennas.
Managed the whole 30 hours, conditions were ok Saturday morning, ok Saturday
night, poor Sunday morning and much better Sunday night. Shame Sunday morning
was so tough, some hours only 10 calls made it into the log. Could not get a
run going at all, and I hate search and pounce and was forced to for most of
the time. Maybe its not too bad after all.
After weeks of preparation, Friday spent building the station and Monday spent
taking it all apart again, it was well worth the effort.
Thanks to the organisers and all that worked me, till next time, Robb, G0URR/P