[3830] ARRLDX CW N9TF SOSB/80 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N9TF SOSB/80 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 01:47:23 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SOSB/80 LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

  160:
   80:  67     44
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  67     44  Total Score = 8,844

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Day time hours were filled this weekend with activities which kept me away from
the shack. I focused what little time I had on 80m, looking for new ones on
that band for Challenge. Still lots of opportunities on that band with only 111
entities confirmed there. (LOTW) Managed two new ones on 80, IS0/OM8A and P3X.
Now hoping they load their logs to LOTW :) Conditions seemed a bit better
propagation wise Friday night, although the static crashes from the storms down
south made listening very fatiguing. Saturday night the QRN from static crashes
was gone, but the signals seemed down from the night before. I was hoping for
at least 100 Q's and a few more new DX on 80, but by about 11:30 Saturday night
I had enough of the thick "crazy" pile ups on DX I needed for new
mults and called it a contest. Prop as always on 80 was very unpredictable.
several DX which I heard loud and in the clear never heard me. And then there
were the guys like P3X who were right in my noise level who picked me out right
away with no repeat.
I'll be on as much as possible for NAQP RTTY next weekend.

Rig K3S/P3 to 100' 40/80 dipole at 35'. N1MM+ logger

73 Gene, N9TF