[3830] ARRLDX CW AB4B M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ky5rtim@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW AB4B M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 21:07:41 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: AB4B
Operator(s): N4NM N4KH KY4F K3IE AB4B
Station: AB4B

Class: M/S LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 46.5

  160:   68    45
   80:  169    67
   40:  394   102
   20:  538    93
   15:  394    88
   10:   47    24
-------------------
Total: 1610   419  Total Score = 2,019,999

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

What an experience............

Station had gone through a major antenna reconfiguration in hopes of
maximizing
the setup for the years in the low portion of this cycle. Entering in the LP
category appears to confirm all the effort spent the end of summer and early
fall here in " Sweet Home Alabama " paid off. Also a new crew which
hadn't operated togetherbefore worked great together and enjoyed the weekend.
WX also cooperated with us the whole weekend.

LP category brought many challenges on all the bands. Primary challenge was
working through the NE corridor in those heavy and at times insane cluster
spotted
pile ups. Some of us learned that it takes much more patience and perseverance
to overcome them while running LP. Though at other times we could blow right
through them with no effort for some unforeseen reason. Go figure eh?

The station internally still needs some refinements to do multi-op contest in
the HP class so that will be the focus building up to this next fall. The
creature comforts have been satisfied just need some more splashes of
automation and  installation  of a local skimmer system.

Many challenges all in all which all op's involved handled very well. Fun was
at the top of the list which was had by all the op's.

Thanks to all that are in the log and endured our puny signal most of the
time.
Sorry for those that didn't make it in the band cndx we had all weekend.

Also thanks to the crew of op's that committed their time during the course of
the event. It was a pleasure to have all of them here at the station in
Toonersville   (50 mi west of Huntsville, Al).

Look for those who will be active in the SSB edition of this event this coming
month.

73 from the " Heart of Dixie "
       Tim , AB4B and crew