[3830] ARRLDX CW N7ZG SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N7ZG SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 03:03:08 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N7ZG
Operator(s): N7ZG
Station: N7ZG

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Home
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:
   80:  149    37
   40:  342    55
   20:  825    86
   15:  259    44
   10:    3     2
-------------------
Total: 1578   224  Total Score = 1,060,416

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

A Index was 20 on the first day and 15 the second.  Higher than predicted so
condx were not great.  SSN about 15 so no 10M.

Bought an amp in Jan so this is my first real effort in a major running HP from
home.   Also new this contest is my K3LR array for 80M.  Very pleased with how
it played given the cards dealt.

No really interesting DX calls stand out but I did have a nice little
"mini run" on morning long path on both 40M (which was expected) but
the real surprise was 80M during this time as well (both days).  Worked
European Russia, Ukraine and Finland on 80M.   Worked many EU countries as well
as Isreal and Kuwait.  All called in and were clear and strong.  If it weren't
for LP my 40M country totals would suck.  Guess they really wanted the WA mult.
 Good on them.

This may motivate me to do the phone leg of the contest.

73,
Guy