[3830] ARRLDX CW 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 04:40:25 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: 8P5A
Operator(s): W2SC
Station: 8P5A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Barbados
Operating Time (hrs): 47

  160:  481    54
   80:  859    60
   40: 1197    59
   20: 1718    61
   15: 1477    61
   10:  884    54
-------------------
Total: 6616   349  Total Score = 6,926,952

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

An unusual weekend

Had a good start, and a couple of good hours on Saturday, but it was hard to
sustain any momentum most of the other times.  Signals were strong on all
bands, but activity seemed down.  A better than expected opening between Europe
and the US was surely a factor as well.

Missed a number of workable mults and could not quite reach the Pacific
Northwest on 10.

Paid special attention to maximizing 10 meter time as it was a opportunity
relative to my competitors to the north, and a vulnerability to my competitors
to the south and west.  On Sunday I went to 10 at the first instance of a
beacon being heard, despite not a single signal in the CW segment.

The station held up well, with the only failure being my Bose headset.  The
operator on the other hand, felt a lot better than last year, but was leaking
some oil in the final hour

Did a fair amount of station maintenance beforehand.  Had a rotor fail while I
was away, and the spare also did not work.  Eventually repaired them both and
put one back up.

As usual, my wife Kathleen was tireless in her support.

73 and thanks for the Q's

Tom W2SC

QSL via LoTW or NN1N