[3830] ARRLDX CW OM7RU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, om7ru@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OM7RU SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 14:14:03 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Dolna Micina
Operating Time (hrs): 31:52

  160:   30    12
   80:  226    41
   40:  481    45
   20:  352    49
   15:  220    35
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1309   182  Total Score = 714,714

Club:

Comments:

Another contest affected by the sun activity minimum...

Quite good conditions on low bands, I enjoyed of nice pileups from time to
time. High bands were only about 20m and 15m. I thought, that at least big guns
will push their signals over the ocean, but now it's clear, that 10m was
completely shut down. The conditions on 20m and 15m varied between bad and good
from hour to hour. I went to have a short nap on Saturday evening after closing
of 20m. But other comments are evidence, that band was alive longer. On Sunday
evening I decided to run on 15m and 20m till the 40m opening. And I spent there
few closing and reopening of the bands with fine pileups with rate peaks from 20
to 240 Q/h...

I have to say, that big advantage of this contest are good traffic quality
together with well organised operators. It's relax before contests of EU
ZOO...

I hope, that new 4-bander + RX antena will be in the air soon...

Thanks to all participants.

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 ACOM 2000A (1,5 kW OUT)
 MicroHAM microKeyer, MicroHAM StationMaster
 WinTest

Antennas:
 160m: Vertical (35m tower + 2 elevated radials)
 80m:  OptiBeam OB1-80 rotary dipole @34m
 40m:  InvVee @21m
 20, 15, 10m: Cushcraft A4S "2" el. tribander @31m

73!