[3830] CQ160 SSB KU8E Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku8e@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB KU8E Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 17:29:02 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 8:00

Total:  QSOs = 400  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 16  Total Score = 47,710

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

K3-100 / KPA500 600 watts and Inverted L with 8 elevated radials.

Did't seem like activity was very good despite decent conditions. Had maybe one
pretty good run for 1 1/2 and then it dried up. The big guns seemed to always be
running people so maybe I just don't have a big enough signal.

The highlight was working KL7SB on Sunday morning. First time I think I've
worked Alaska on 160 SSB. It was a struggle to get his call correct. A regular
in 160 contests - W3** was calling CQ just below Steve and splattering on top
of him. I politely told him to see if he could stop for a minute or maybe he
would move to give others a chance at KL7. But he was basically unsympathetic
and blew me off. He said too bad and rambled on about difficulty of working EU
stations with the QRM. He continued to CQ for 10 minutes working no one during
that time. During a gap in one of his CQ's KL7SB's signal peaked some and got
his call correctly. This after waiting 10 minutes after I worked him. It amazes
me the selfishness of some people. It was well past EU sunrise and there were
plenty of clear spots to CQ. And I though 160 was a "gentleman's
band" ? Obviously not on SSB.

DX worked - 6Y,C6,DL,EA8,FG,HA,HI,KL7,KP2,KP4,OK,OM,SP,TI,XE,ZF

Missed States : ME, LA(!), ID, NV and UT

Jeff KU8E