[3830] CQ160 SSB K0YR Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0yr.tr@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB K0YR Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 19:07:24 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K0YR
Operator(s): K0YR
Station: K0YR

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: Pine City, MN
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 550  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 8  Total Score = 83,460

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

As a whole, this turned out much better than expected. Friday night was a
horrible experience with static crashes hitting between 20 & 40 over 9.
Saturday was a much different experience with only +/- S 7 noise.
On Friday I installed my new KXV3B RX Antenna board in one of my K3's.  Tried
my 80 meter vertical loop for giggles, but no real advantage as the 160 Tee
Vertical was still better. Next step will be to build some sort of RX antenna.
Two distinct contests this weekend, even though I like RTTY, I had to pick one
or the other. Given I had started the 160 on Friday night and things seemed
good, I figured I had better give this the college try.
Highlight was being called Sunday morning by VK3IO with nice copy.
Tom, K0YR