[3830] SCQP N4XL Single Op FixedMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SCQP N4XL Single Op FixedMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 20:08:12 +0000
South Carolina QSO Party

Call: N4XL
Operator(s): N4XL
Station: N4XL

Class: Single Op FixedMixed LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

  160:    3     11      0
   80:   75     24      0
   40:  102     97      0
   20:   49     55      0
   15:    6      4      0
   10:    0      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:  235    191      0  Mults = 106  Total Score = 132,092

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Good to see the SCQP picking up some steam.  Think pairing up with NC for the
Carolina's weekend was a good thing.

Good to hear OM2VL, DL3DXX, LY5W and a couple other DX on. And of course no
contest is complete without K4BAI.  Thanks John, AD8J, K2SX and the other SECC
and SFCG folks. And thank you everyone who called. You gave me some great fun.
Been awhile since did some Butt In Chair time and it felt good.

If there was a ten opening I missed it.

Antenna issues this time. Beam lowered from 50 to 35 ft for maintenance and
fixed direction at about 290 degrees. Fortunately, the Bencher Skyhawk is
optimized for gain so has a wide front lobe and low F/B ratio. Able to work
some northern folk and even a couple EU's on it. My big 520 ft horizontal loop
at 25 ft would have helped with the SC mults, but it was down too. Also had
strong wind gusts that knocked things all over the yard and dropped a branch
taking out the 80/40 vertical three hours before the end. The 102 ft doublet at
65 ft worked well though.

Sorry to those who had trouble copying me on voice, but had a wisdom tooth
pulled a couple days before the contest. Did mostly okay, but gave me a problem
now and then. Did a lot of CW and voice keyer work. More breaks than normal too.
First time I can remember quitting a contest early in years.

Kevan
N4XL