[3830] CQ160 SSB W4GE Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, schmiera@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W4GE Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 22:56:43 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W4GE
Operator(s): W4GE
Station: W4GE

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 306  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 23  Total Score = 61,272

Club:

Comments:

Head cold drained my voice and my energy, but I did get to try some new RX
antennas.  Pixel loop: OK but not great.  BOG: very good and used reversibly is
what I mostly used.  Pennant, very selective for EU and cut out a lot of NA
clutter.  More antennas are always good as they say.

Also put a Stub on the back of the amp to keep my 2nd harmonic down to a
manageable level.  While legally within range out of the amp, my full 1/4
vertical on 80m was a very efficient radiator, according to the OO who cited me
in the 160m CW contest.  Seemed to work, but we will see if any citations come
my way...

Rig:  Elecraft K3, P3, Acom 1500, XMatch tuner to Inverted L at 40ft with
counterpoise ground system.

Thanks to all who put up with my scratchy, voice and coughing fits.  Oh yeah, I
forgot.  I had to go to a foot pedal for PTT.  VOX was out of the question with
my coughing all the time.

Friday night was bad, with static crashes and high noise levels.  Saturday
night made up for it.  Till next time,

Rick
W4GE