[3830] NCQP N1CC SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCQP N1CC SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 00:29:16 +0000
North Carolina QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   80:    0      4      0
   40:   28      6      0
   20:   33     78      0
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   61     88      0  Mults = 62  Total Score = 22,758

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station: Elecraft K3 @100W. Force 12 C3 @64'. 80/40 Fan Dipole NS @ 50'.
WRITELOG 12.13B IS NOT CALCULATING CORRECTLY.  SPONSOR NEEDS TO WORK WITH
VENDOR. MANUAL CORRECTIONS MADE FOR BONUS POINTS NOT CORRECT IN WRITELOG. RAW
SCORE BEFORE BONUS IS 22258.  MAXIMUM BONUS EARNED AND ADDED TO CLAIMED SCORE.

Glad I decided to run 100W instead of QRP.  This was harder this year than last
given the prevailing radio conditions.  Took 8 Hours, 2 more than last year to
arrive at about the same score.  Got more counties than last year.

Did a lot of CQ calling on 20M SSB to generate contacts. Analysis indicates
that Elmers need to teach newbies, and remind oldies what a "Directional
Call" means.  MY CQ included "North Carolina Stations Only"  I
worked 78 stations, and had 31 additional stations, outside North Carolina call
in.  That had to cut down my ability to work more stations, and I usually just
told them NIL on the Log you are not in the directional CQ intended.  Some
insisted on an explanation.  That is up to the Elmers and Local Clubs to teach
these folk proper operating.  If you are not in North Carolina, do not call a
station that is saying "North Carolina Only" for heaven's sake.

Had three instances of jamming, they all went away and are on the MP3 should
the contest committee want to listen to the voices and see if they know who the
offenders are.  Routinely I supply MP3 once a year to FCC, knowing full well
they do not have staff or time to go after Jammers.

Sure hope for better conditions next season!  See ya then!