[3830] NCQP N4CW Mobile Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4cw@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NCQP N4CW Mobile Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 20:40:24 +0000
North Carolina QSO Party

Call: N4CW
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: N4CW

Class: Mobile Mixed LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 9:13

   80:   86
   40:  407
   20:  258
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  751     0       0  Mults = 72  Total Score = 162,266

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

After operating SCQP the previous day, N4CW continued operating and W4TMO drove,
navigated and strategized, just like the previous day.
We put 23 counties on the air, mobile CW, using a KX3 and KXPA100, powered by
two 50 AmpHr batteries. The batteries lasted until the last mile from home!
Outstanding number of repeat (different county) Q's: K1RO (21), OM2VL (19),
W0BH (17), WA2VYA (17), K5AX (14), DK2OY (13), K0PC (12), WB)OYF (11), AD1C
(10), and DL8USA (10). Best DX was UA3AGW and best west was KL7SB.
Most stations worked us more than once! Thank you for your patience.
Being mobile in the mountains is a unique experience: the twisting uphill and
downhill roads and the occasional bumps make typing on a laptop a real
challenge...frequent corrections are necessary! I was surprised by propagation
in that area; DX was really easy -- I don't know if that was due to the
topography or propagation in the late morning.
The biggest difficulty is line noise from power lines along the road; most of
the time the noise was between S7 and S9. So I really appreciate the many who
tolerated my repeatedly asking for repeats. Thanks to all and the NCQP folks
that put this event on. N4CW&W4TMO