[3830] NAQP RTTY K3CCR(N3UM) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY K3CCR(N3UM) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2017 16:36:05 +0000
North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM
Station: K3CCR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 2

   80:  21     12
   40:  15      9
   20:  15     11
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  51     32  Total Score = 1,632

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care
retirement community at FM 18OW in MD, just east of DC. We do
some RTTY contesting, not a lot, but we want to support PVRC in
the NAQP "side-bet" with other contest clubs, as we did in Feb.
and July 2016.

I (N3UM) was the available op.  I used the Orion
with N1MM+ and MMTTY, a new and better setup than the Omni 6+
and N1MM Classic we used for RTTY in 2016. Receive worked fine
right away, but not transmit. It took time to find and fix two
problems; wrong settings of Windows level controls, and of Aux
Input gain in an Orion menu.  Transmit then worked great, but
there were thunderstorms. I had time for only 21 RTTY Qs on 20
and 40 m. before I quit at 2233Z for supper and then got back
to the CQ 160 SSB contest soon after sunset; another SO2C
(Single Op 2 Contest) weekend.

At 03Z the rate on 160 SSB
tanked, so I went back to RTTY and made 30 more QSOs on 40 and
80 m. in 70 min. Skip on 40 was then long; made 4 CA Qs but no
others closer than FL.  For July 2017 NAQP RTTY we should be
QRV at the start and make more Qs, after all I learned in Feb.