[3830] CWopsT K3WA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@axelrods.org
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K3WA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 04:09:28 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Mar 2

Call: K3WA
Operator(s): K3WA
Station: K3WA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: East Peoria, IL
Operating Time (hrs): 0,50

------------
  160:
   80:  61
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  61  Mults = 61  Total Score = 3,721

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Soapbox:  This was Murphy's night.  All set up and ready for some CW fun.  The
clocked ticked 0300 - first CQ.  Amp faulted and saw 100% reflected power.
What now?  Found that the DC power supply had failed.  Spent the next 10
minutes looking for my back up DC power supply but no luck.  Finally hard wired
the 80M antenna to the amp and bypassed the filters and antenna switching
relays.  10 minutes of my 60 and not one Q.  Turned amp back to operate.  Two
CQs and the amp turned it self off.  No amp.  Spend 5 minutes and decided not
to re-configure the shack.  Decided to go low power.  At 0315 got my first real
CQ out.  My lowest CWT score EVER.  Of course, it didn't help that I forgot to
turn my low power back to 100 watts  Operated the 45 remaining minutes of the
CWT at 42 watts.  At lest I got some good CW time in.

Now to get everything fixed!

73...   Bill K3WA

Flex 6700
Antennas:  SteppIR DB-18E at 80 ft, SteppIR 3 El at 42 ft,  Apex Loop SAL-30
for low band receive