[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE9AA SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB VE9AA SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 23:12:17 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  80     37
   10:
-------------------
Total:  80     37  Total Score = 8,729

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Sunday only operation. 100% S&P (by necessity) Cq'd many times for 7-10 mins
off and on all day and don't think I had one caller !

Like pushing a rope.  Never before have I worked so hard for so little when
running HP.  I don't think I have ever had so many 100w guys CQ in my face as
happened today.  "South" was the place to be today. Worked CU, EA and
CT to the East.  No (other) EU big guns heard at all.  The only guys that were
ever really loud here were ZF2MJ, V26M, CO's and the KP4 group.(Es link?)
Everyone else was 5/1-5/5 or so.

Best DX heard was VP6EU @ 5/2....not so much as a QRZ from him, even when he
had no callers. sigh...

Looks like the sunspot doldrums have arrived.  At least for us in the north !

CU (all of  sudden) in the next one!

dit dit

-Mike VE9AA in NB , IC7410...small amp, various wires and aluminum.