[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE4VT SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB VE4VT SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 00:55:04 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE4VT
Operator(s): VE4VT
Station: VE4VT

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 28:28

  160:    6     6
   80:   41    27
   40:   95    43
   20:  270    75
   15:  163    45
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  575   199  Total Score = 340,290

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Worst performance in this contest ever. Conditions from here were 95%
north-south.
Taking Europe and Asia out of the mix and we were left with South America, the
Caribbean and a handful of Oceania stations.

Many near ESP contacts, some real good ears out there.  Also many stations with
huge signals CQ'ing in my face.

Absolutely not a peep on 10m. Left the spectrum scope on the SDR set to 10m and
nothing observed at all. Spent regular periods of time sweep ing the band but
nothing heard at all.

Quite a come down from the 2000 QSO's last year.

Had one 20m run to Europe that lasted for about 20 minutes on Sunday morning.
It was a real treat to have C37NL call in. During that run, even the strongest
KW stations were an S1. Compared to the S9++ signals from Zone 8. 6Y1LZ was
almost consistently 20 dB stronger than all other stations from that region.
Those antenna improvements really paid off!

Glad that one is behind me and we can hopefully look forward to WPX in a few
weeks.

73 and thanks for the QSO's.

Ed VE4VT