[3830] ARRLDX SSB N7MZW SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N7MZW SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 01:23:38 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Cheyenne, WY
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:    0     0
   80:   19    14
   40:   53    28
   20:   50    26
   15:   48    25
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  171    94  Total Score = 48,222

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

[log removed from comments]

START-OF-LOG: 3.0
CREATED-BY: N3FJP's ARRL International DX Contest Log 3.9
CONTEST: ARRL-DX-SSB
CALLSIGN: N7MZW
LOCATION: WY
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: SSB
CATEGORY-TIME: 24 HRS
CLUB: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado
CLAIMED-SCORE: 48222
OPERATORS: N7MZW
NAME: Chuck Williams
ADDRESS: 3601 Dillon Ave Apt B
ADDRESS-CITY: Cheyenne
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: WY
ADDRESS-POSTALCODE: 82001
ADDRESS-COUNTRY:
EMAIL: n7mzw1@gmail.com
SOAPBOX: Kenwood TS-940 at 100 watts, Heil BM-10 Headset on Vox, and G5RV up 35
feet running N-S. G5RV at low height due to recent high winds during blizzard.I
turned 60 years old today, 5 March, and I really thank that Mr. SOL could have
given me better propogation for this contest as a birthday present! THIS ONE
WAS AS MUCH FUN AS A ROOT CANAL ! 100% hunt and pounce with almost no 10 meters
heard, significant QSB, and crowded bands. I could heard known Big Gun stations
asking for fills.53 Q's on 40 meters for 31% of total, 26 Q's on 20 meters for
29% of total,25 Q's on 15 Meters for 28 % of total, and only ONE Q on 10 Meters
for 1% of my 171 contacts. HI=15 Q's for 9%. AK= 2 Q's for 1%. NA=69 Q's for
40%, SA=58 Q's for 34%, OC=20 Q's for 12%,AS=14 Q's for 8%, and EU=6 Q's for
4%. Guadalupe call of TO3Z not recognized by logging program was 3 Q's for 2%,
and AF= 1 Q for 1%. My second time using assistance due to spotting Network,
but a lot of the spots I received were to weak for me to hear or work. A few
early spots did help me break a few pile ups. My first small MA5B Beam was up
for a whole week in December 0f 2016, before the Wyoming winds bent the mast
below the rotor like a pretzel. Hope to have it up in the next month or so. Not
an easy contest at all, but still another 100 watt "Boy and His Wire
Adventure" from Wyoming.
END-OF-LOG: