[3830] ARRLDX SSB W2PV(@K1LZ) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ue@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W2PV(@K1LZ) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 12:32:24 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W2PV
Operator(s): W1UE K1XM KC1CWF
Station: K1LZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   33    25
   80:  126    58
   40:  425    89
   20:  987   107
   15:  147    59
   10:   66    28
-------------------
Total: 1948   366  Total Score = 1,948,950

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

We have received several reports from stations worldwide that we were having
problems hearing this weekend.  I can verify that quite quickly- if the word
"alligator" has any meaning (big mouth, small ears), that was us this
weekend.  Out apologies to all that called , but if you were less than S5 to us-
and that was on 20, 15, or 10m- and less than S7 to us on 40, 80, 160m, then we
couldn't hear you.  Yes, conditions were poor, but we had local electrical
noise problems that resulted in those noise levels.  As most of you heard, the
K1LZ station that we used has a potent signal, but not being able to hear
really hurts.

Our apologies to everyone that called that we could not hear.

Paul K1XM and I have been doing this for quite a few years.  For this contest,
we added Marty KC1CWF, a 15 year old who recently upgraded to Extra, as part
of
our team.  Marty performed admirably, doing the heavy lifting of the morning
runs.  He did just fine, and learned a lot!  He'll be back for future
contests!

Other than the local noise level adding to reduced rates and operator fatigue,
we had fun!  See you in the next one!

Dennis W1UE