[3830] ARRLDX SSB 6Y4K(@6Y5WJ) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB 6Y4K(@6Y5WJ) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 15:48:16 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: 6Y4K
Operator(s): HA6ND HA7RY HA5UK VE3NZ VE3NE 6Y5WJ
Station: 6Y5WJ

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Jamaica
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  253    44
   80:  976    58
   40: 1716    57
   20: 2816    59
   15: 2324    59
   10:   60    13
-------------------
Total: 8145   290  Total Score = 7,075,710

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Dear All,
For this contest some old Hungarian friends get to gether to have some fun.
Some of us did not see each other for almost 40 years. All of us are hardcore
CW fans; however this time we have decided to yell and scream for a change.
Three of the group members came from Hungary and two of us came from Toronto.
All of us had some experience in SSB pile ups during different DX-peditions
like VK9, YJ0, C21, 9M4, TX0, PY0S, C6, K1N, CY9, CY0, VP5, CT3.

We have decided to enter into Multi 2 category that would give the most on-air
time for all of us and probably the most fun.
Setting up the station took us about a day and a half. We had to tune some of
the antennas, set up the new six pack (donated by VE3RZ)and three stations. The
third station was on stand by in case of some trouble. The beverages had to be
also serviced and hooked up because the local cattle herd has the right off way
when no contest is on...:-))
CONDX were not the best and 10 meters were almost dead all the time towards
NA.
We had terrible noise from the rain clouds (that is what we think) both nights
on the lower bands that made RX challanging.
We did our best and had great fun together that is lot more valuable for us
than the end result.

Radios: K3, FT1K, TS590
Amps: TL922, MLA2500, ACOM 1K
Ant:
160 - Inverted L
80  - Dipole
40  - 2 ele phased vertical and dipole
20, 15, 10  - 2 ele quad and a spider beam

Now we are going for a bit of site seeing and enjoy Jamaica.
We would like to thank Josh and Jenny for their hospitality. Jenny's
cooking is a real treat :-)

Thanks for all your patience in the challanging conditions and hope to hear you
in the next one.

73

Lali, VE3NE