[3830] ARRLDX SSB AA4LR SOSB/80 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4lr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB AA4LR SOSB/80 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 17:35:01 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SOSB/80 LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5

  160:
   80:  14     12
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  14     12  Total Score = 504

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antenna:
15m shunt-fed tower

Equipment:
Elecraft K3/100 W/ KAT3 running 100 watts

Comments:

I used assistance, so this is likely a check log.

Had an opportunity to get on the air briefly Friday night and Saturday morning.
Decided to do 80m single-band and try to get some needed countries on that
band.

Competition was fierce the first night, and had great difficulty getting
through with just 100 watts. I might have stayed with it longer had I not been
shouting over and over with no effect.

On briefly just before dawn Saturday, where it was considerably more quiet.

I am totally amazed at the number of people who just cannot get the suffix of
my call. No, I am NOT AA4C, AA4R, AA4BR, AA4CR or AA4MR!!! AA4*L*R. Sheesh.

Did have one funny moment when AA4R and I both called, AA4R worked him, the I
called, and suddenly the other station was confused -- didn't I just work you?
Didn't I just work him?

Yes, you worked us both. Thank you.

I need to get the 80m dipole back up. The vertical is just not cutting it as it
is.