[3830] ARRLDX SSB W4QO SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jim@w4qo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W4QO SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 05:11:19 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4QO
Operator(s): W4QO
Station: W4QO

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   21    18
   40:   25    23
   20:   52    36
   15:   34    23
   10:   30    15
-------------------
Total:  162   115  Total Score = 55,890

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Had a lot of fun.  Not really an SSB contester but I have been doing more QRP
SSB in 2017.  I was surprised to work a good number on Friday evening. As a
QRPer,I usually do not even try during the first few hours of a contest, but
Friday was reasonable for me.

Bands were not too bad although it seemed EU was not coming thru all that
great.  I did work 18 countries on 80M using the 80M horiz loop at 75'.  Also,
used that most of the time on 40M.  Tribander at 60' for the higher bands.

Rig: KX3 @ 5watts

jim/w4qo