[3830] ARRLDX SSB N4KG SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4KG@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N4KG SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 18:07:39 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: ALA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   39    28
   80:  116    60
   40:  138    64
   20:  259    84
   15:  143    50
   10:   81    25
-------------------
Total:  776   311  Total Score = 723,075

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

High Bands SUCKED (15m only opened to EA Sunday)
JR3NZC was 53 on 15m but couldn't hear me (or K3LR or W3LPL)thru western USA
JH1EAQ was 51 without the big pile and heard me via Skew Path (West)

LOW Bands were FUN! (28 countries on 160 SSB without RX Antennas!)
Parasitic Reflectors on 80M GP and wire Vertical Heard and worked Very Well
Not as good as a 4 square or Beverages but definitely better than single vert,
especially on RX to NE and SE.

Tuner problem on high end of 40M so resorted to fallen corner fed Delta Loop
which has 500 KHz 2:1 SWR bandwidth.  I was AMAZED at how well it worked even
though it is a 1 dBi Antenna!

I notice that Single Op K4AB beat my Assisted Multiplier
Guess his 2L40 and high Beam were working well.  Congratulations Larry !

I spent a lot of Sunday doing other things...

Tom N4KG in North Alabama