[3830] ARRLDX SSB TM0T(F4HQZ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tu5kg@wanadoo.fr
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB TM0T(F4HQZ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 03:28:20 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: TM0T
Operator(s): F4HQZ
Station: TM0T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IN77tx
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:   25    15
   80:  409    43
   40: 1235    47
   20: 2167    61
   15:  364    64
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 4200   200  Total Score = 2,509,200

Club:

Comments:

Hello,

After the “good old days” during the high sunspot activity, conditions
continue to decline on the high bands, slowly but surely…

With bad indexes (A and K), I knew that some Multipliers would be difficult to
work on certain bands. Luckily, 20 meters was good and saves my day (on Monday
morning, the antenna suffered as a result of the violent storms which battered
the Atlantic coast).  40 meters was in great shape, except for the West Coast.
15 meters was a different story in terms of strategy: I had to turn my beam
along a skewed path when the band opened and closed (no conditions on Sunday).
Regarding 80 and 160 meters, I did my best with my modest antennas.

I wasn’t sure what to expect, but it seems to be correct for this first
effort in this category.

Congratulations to TM6M for their score in MS, and many thanks to all NA
stations who called me.

Sorry for those I couldn’t not pull out of the noise.

See you soon.

Gildas, F4HQZ (ex F/TU5KG)

Icom 7800 + HB linear amp.

160m: 18m vertical T with elevated radials

80m: Top-loaded delta loop

40m: 4 el. DXBeam @ 27m

20m: 5 el. DXBeam @ 24m

15m: 6 el. DXBeam @ 22m