[3830] ARRLDX SSB PS2T M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, py2zea@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB PS2T M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 04:45:10 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: PS2T
Operator(s): OH1JD PU2RSD PY2HT PY2KC PY2MC PY2ZEA
Station: PS2T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Araraquara SP
Operating Time (hrs): 44

  160:    2     2
   80:   95    33
   40: 1224    59
   20: 1641    61
   15: 2463    61
   10: 1094    47
-------------------
Total: 6519   263  Total Score = 5,130,867

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

This time, the regular PY team at PS2T was reinforced by Ville, OH1JD, OH1D,
OG1D, an avid contester from Finland who was able to combine his business trip
to Brazil with operating in ARRL CW. Smart planning, that is !

Until Oct 2016, PS2T had always been operating with just 2 stations in a small
shack. Recently, PS2T got a bigger space, now equipped with 4 independent
stations. In addition to the former MS or M2, we are now able to enter MM as a
new alternative. But we are still struggling with the station-to-station
interferences, interlock problems, etc., typical of a multi-transmitter
station. So the planning continues...

In ARRL CW 2017, we had 3 stations in use. Two were designed as RUN1 and RUN2,
and the third one was used mainly to monitor a third band for propagation and
for a few multipliers. Here, on the DX side, most mults come in our pileups
anyway, and the third station doesn't contribute much in that sense.  We had no
in-band 2nd radio possibility.

We are too far from NA to listen and get well out on 160 and 80. More dB for
transmission and receiving are needed. Directional antennas are being planned.
40 and 20 also suffer a bit due to the long distance. On the other hand, we
have better propagation than most Caribbeans on 10.

Here in the deep South of SA, all bands are almost closed between 8-12Z. This
leaves much time for making friendships, which is more important than what
happens on the bands - guess we all agree on this.

We are grateful to Atilano, PY5EG, the station owner, for the opportunity to
operate PS2T. Although he couldn't be with us in "flesh and blood",
he was "virtually" present monitoring us quite a lot and making
comments...the Big Brother is watching...

RIGS:
Stn 1: Elecraft K3 + ACOM 2000A
Stn 2: Yaesu FT2000 + OM2500A
Stn 3: Elecraft K3S + OM2500A
Stn 4: (served just as a reserve): Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark V + Alpha 91beta

Antennas:
 10: 7 el monobander at 65 ft
 15: 6 el monobander at 80 ft
 20: 5 over 5 stacked monobanders at 85/45 ft
 40: 3-el Steppir Monstir at 120 ft
 80: Inverted-V, apex at 100 ft
160: Inverted-V, apex at 100 ft

PS2T uses the HamPlus switching system which enables access by any station to
any antenna.

TNX for QSOs, see you again in the WPX SSB and CW.

On behalf of the PS2T team,

Ville PY2ZEA OH2MM.