[3830] CWopsT PJ4/K3SW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3sw@ptd.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT PJ4/K3SW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 20:12:58 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Mar 8

Call: PJ4/K3SW
Operator(s): K3SW
Station: PJ4/K3SW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PJ4
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  49
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  49  Mults = 49  Total Score = 2,401

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This was my first CW-T. I worked ARRL PHONE last weekend from Bonaire and am
still stuck here due the crappy schedule of United flights to Newark (only on
Saturday and Sunday). So I had to spend two weeks on PJ4 to operate ARRL PHONE
from PJ4G.

CW-T was fun but I found a lot of the CW Ops members did NOT use the 20 WPM
rate that was supposed to be used for this particular CW-T. I would have been
happier operating at 30 WPM but I thought we were all supposed to stay at 20
WPM. Seems not.... Condx here were such that I only could hear the US on 20M so
I stayed there for the entire hour 1900Z to 2000Z. Tonight I'll try 40M and
80M.

I am working to get SO2R going at my home QTH and will try CW-T again to
develop SO2R skills.

Steve K3SW aka PJ4/K3SW