[3830] CWopsT N5AW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5aw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N5AW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 04:12:55 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Mar 9

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX (EM00tq)
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  85
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  85  Mults = 85  Total Score = 7,225

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Interesting session. First had to deal with what seemed like intentional jamming
- carrier zero beat. Can't say for sure it was intentional. Would go off for
short periods and then come back on. I finally moved just enough to be able to
copy callers that were zero beat with me. That bings up another point - seems
like I'm getting more and more callers that must be clicking on spots because
they are exactly zero beat. Sometimes impossible to copy anyone until someone
finally slips in a call while others aren't calling. After about 35 minutes on
it 40 seemed about the right time to move to 80. However was getting many
callers that were obviously beginners on CW and contesting so decided to stick
it out on 40. After all isn't a big part of what these slow speed sessions are
all about? Rate wasn't very good but it was a nice feeling to work those folks.