[3830] ARRLDX SSB 6W1SU SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB 6W1SU SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 22:40:38 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: 6W1SU
Operator(s): 6W1SU
Station: 6W1SU

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: 500
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  435    51
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  435    51  Total Score = 66,096

Club:

Comments:

A reasonable attempt for truly my first, serious contest. Conditions didn't
appear great first day and my signal seemed to be getting crowded out by
Europeans. The band was also packed and was hard to find any space to call CQ -
perhaps I was too polite in wanting to avoid any interference. Second day I
found a spot and a pile up ensued. Unfortunately, my rookie mistake resulted in
my selecting an SSTV frequency (maybe that's why it was open!) and at one point
I could not hear anything and had to scramble to find another frequency. Sadly,
that may have resulted in just missing out on topping the 500 QSO mark.
Otherwise, it was fun!

Ron