[3830] TBDC NB1N Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sandortoth_2000@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC NB1N Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 15:19:34 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: NB1N
Operator(s): NB1N
Station: NB1N

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN42
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

Total:  QSOs = 80  Total Score = 184

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Rig : K3        Amp ~500W

Antennas : K2KQ, Homebrew K9AY

Soapbox : LP-PAN 2 Panadapter, N1MM+

Only played for a couple hours in the evening.  Day started out with no heat,
oil furnace stopped working just as I was getting up Saturday morning.
Scrambled to troubleshoot it, quickly found the Ignitor malfunctioning.  Most
of the places were closed or didn't carry the part. Of all places, Aubuchon in
Clinton had one in stock. All is well...

Found the noise level on the band rather high, many signals were fading in and
out, including YU1 that I missed his exchange. The only other two DX was KV4FZ
and Fred NP2X form Virgin Islands.
RX antenna came in handy but the QSB was prevalent.  Virtually no running, 90%
turning the big knob.

Thanks for the Qs.  73 Sandor - NB1N