[3830] TBDC NA8V Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hgchapoton@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC NA8V Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 22:20:30 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Mi
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

Total:  QSOs = 260  Total Score = 966

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

644 raw points x 1.5 multiplier.

Condx so-so, activity light, noisy but not too bad.

I thought things might be pretty good at the beginning.  Was CQing and thought
I was called by a loud IZ3.  It became apparent that he was calling someone on
my freq that I couldn't hear.  Then a loud EA called.  Same situation.  I tried
unsuccessfully to get their attention.  Tried a new freq, no joy.  Tuned the
band, couldn't find any Eu.  This was right about sunset.  Didn't hear another
Eu for several hours.

Around 05z worked EI5KF, at 0530z worked F6EYD followed by F5IN.  That was it
for Eu.  the only other thing I heard was grid report being given to a US stn
from JN5x.  NP2X and KV4FZ were beacons throughout the evening as was PJ2ND.
Also worked HI8A.  And that was it.  Heard YS1YS but no joy.  Never heard a
KH6.  Did hear someone calling or working KL7SB but didn't hear him.

The West Coast stations weren't particularly loud and there weren't many of
them.  I noticed a big shortage of stations in the Rockies.

I understand the 1/2hr min off time, but not sure about a min
"on-time".  I go away for an hour, come back and work 3 stations in
5min and that would be it.  Rinse and repeat.

Thanks to everyone for the contacts, hope to make a few contacts on 160 in the
Russian DX contest next weekend.

greg/na8v