[3830] OkQP K1RO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] OkQP K1RO SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 14:22:59 +0000
Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: K1RO
Operator(s): K1RO
Station: K1RO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:
   80:    5
   40:   78      5
   20:  105     65
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  189     70      0  Mults = 68  Total Score = 48,076

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Operated here and there throughout the weekend as time permitted, my first time
making more than a handful of QSOs in this contest. Incredible effort from the
mobiles! W0BH (62 QSOs), K5YAA (43), K5CM (36), AF5Q (30), KK6MC (18), K5DB
(14), NU0Q (11), K0WHY (10). I had not previously operated in a QSO Party that
was so heavily dependent on mobiles (224 out of my 260 QSOs), but by Sunday I
had figured out some of the operating techniques that the top guys use.

Conditions were great on 20 most of the day, although signals started to slide
on Sunday afternoon. 40 was okay at the start each day and in the late
afternoon/evening, but was tough mid-day at this distance. I didn't spend much
time in the evening but had a few Qs on 80.