[3830] Commonwealth G3YBY(@G3RZP) Open-24 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth G3YBY(@G3RZP) Open-24 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 21:38:25 +0000
RSGB Commonwealth Contest

Call: G3YBY
Operator(s): G3YBY
Station: G3RZP

Class: Open-24 HP
QTH: N. Witshire
Operating Time (hrs): 13h48m

------------
   80:   36
   40:   62
   20:  110
   15:   29
   10:    0
------------
Total:  237  Total Score = 4,605

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

This year due to the lack of LF antennas at the home QTH, I operated from the
QTH of Peter G3RZP about 2 miles North-West of me  in the north Wiltshire
sticks (thanks Peter). I entered the SOU 24 hr section using the IC7300 as a
further contest try out. Like everyone else I found condx poor - zilch on 10m
and not great on 15m. Also like others found fewer VEs on 40m than in previous
years. Had a nice opening to ZL on 80m just on and after our sunrise and bagged
5 ZLs. The IC7300 performed well with just one instance of overload on 20m due
to some very strong broadcast stations around 13.8 MHz but that was easily
resolved by a small tweak on the RF gain control otherwise no complaints. Had a
break from 0100 - 0400, and a stop for Boeuf Bourguignon with a cheeky Cote du
Rhone from master-chef Peter Saturday evening.