[3830] LaQP N1CC SO Mixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] LaQP N1CC SO Mixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 01:50:59 +0000
Louisiana QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:      5       0          4           0
   40:      9       1          9           1
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:     14       1         13           1  Total Score = 1,012

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station: Elecraft K3/100 @ 5W to 80/40M Fan Dipole at 50 feet. Broadside NS.
WriteLog V12.13B.  Received 200 Sponsor Bonus and 100 N5LCC Bonus.

Yet again I am pretty much too close to Louisiana to do very well.  NO5W was
worked in 3 counties, and I never heard him in the others ... the first two
right after start of contest and the last one just before the end.  Only time
propagation allowed for contacts where he was at.  All day lone N5LCC was very
weak until the last 3 hours, then very strong.

Nothing much on any band at the right time for QRP contacts, when band was open
to the Parishes the noise level apparently was too high at the LA end to hear my
QRP signal.  Nothing seen or heard on 160 or 20 and above.

I do suspect at 100W a lot of the folks I called who couldn't hear me at 5W
would still have trouble hearing me at the higher power.