[3830] VaQP K1RO SOAB/MixedFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] VaQP K1RO SOAB/MixedFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 20:48:26 +0000
Virginia QSO Party

Call: K1RO
Operator(s): K1RO
Station: K1RO

Class: SOAB/MixedFixed HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Radios: SO2R

  160:    5      5
   80:   46    142
   40:   60    364
   20:    9
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  120    511      0  Mults = 119  Total Score = 124,950

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

What a fun contest! Although unfortunately 40 meters was "long" both
days and Virginia stations had a hard time working each other, I had a pipeline
from New Hampshire. In the morning and evening, 80 meters worked well too. I
managed a few QSOs with fixed stations on 20 meter CW, and also paid more
attention to 160 this year.

This is the first time I have ever operated nearly full time in a two-day QSO
party except for the New England event in May, just taking short breaks for
meals. Fixed station participation is excellent in this event, and I worked a
number of stations on several bands/modes. I especially appreciated the many
Virginia hams who just got on to hand out a few points.

I had a total of 161 QSOs with Virginia mobiles. KJ4OAP (34 QSOs), W1ATA (27),
KW4VA (23), KG3V (19), AB4YK (18), N4JRI (12), KG4UPR (6), N4YXW (5), KB1HQS
(4), KJ4EOO (3), K4CQ, KF4TJI, KF4TJJ and W1WCN (2 each). There were a few
others with 1 QSO each.

Thanks to all the Virginia stations and to the sponsors for making this a
first-class operating event! I just hope conditions are better for Virginia
stations next year.

Station: TS-590S (x2), SPE amplifier, inverted Vs at 30-40 feet for 160/80/40
and Force 12 XR6 (2 elements per band) at 25 feet for 20.