[3830] Rus DX N8II SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX N8II SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 16:04:36 +0000
Russian DX Contest

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 4.25

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
Total:  196     48       47        36  Total Score = 117,777

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It has been years since conditions were NOT disturbed for the RUDX, every year
recently very disappointing. But, I did not have time or energy to operate that
much. Because the solar flux was only 71, zone 18 was not reachable/heard by me
and only a few western RU zone 17 Asians were logged along with a few zone 19's
in the evening. By the time zone 18 would have been heard the MUF dropped below
14MHz to all of Asia. The band was starting to close at 24Z. Conditions were
good to EU Russia from before my 1318Z start until past 1430Z. Eu was still
loud at 20Z (no Russians), but the activity had shifted to the low bands, so
new Q's were pretty hard to come by.
Of note at 1325Z, the bottom 10 kHz were jammed with stations operating too
close to one another, but I found a perfectly clear run frequency on 14011! I
did not try SSB until the local afternoon. Thanks for the Q's.

73, Jeff