[3830] WPX SSB KG4IGC SOSB40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg4igc@att.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KG4IGC SOSB40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 23:07:36 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SOSB40 LP
QTH: Summerville, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 19:17

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  237
   20:    0
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

This was my first time in a SSB contest in quite some time. Decided at the last
minute to try a single band which is something that I have never done that I
can recall on SSB. No doubts about it, this was quite the challenge. I also
found that doing single band there was barely anyone to work during the day, so
concentrated on nighttime work. Got to work Dave WNAFP, and also  had a nice QSO
about band conditions for a few minutes. There were Lots of stations from the US
and EU to work in the evenings but it seemed that everyone was right on top of
each other. Add QSB in there and it makes it double the fun! I did 98% S&P,
tried running a couple of times but wasn't making very many Q's. Worked several
EU and US stations from about 5 PM-12 AM both Friday and Saturday night. The
band opened up nicely to EU and Africa around 1:30 in the morning on Saturday
and To VK around 3 AM. Sunday morning around 2 AM the band conditions were fair
with openings the EU , but had a high S-9 noise floor and QSB. Worked several
South and Central American and a few Caribbean stations. Australia came in
around 4 AM, and EU completely disappeared. Shut down around 5:30, too tired to
do any more. Got on again around 4 PM Sunday, worked a few more stateside
stations and a couple of EUs before shutting down early.