[3830] WPX SSB NC6K SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NC6K@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NC6K SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 05:08:42 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NC6K
Operator(s): NC6K
Station: NC6K

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 20:30
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    1
   80:  141
   40:  211
   20:  434
   15:  177
   10:    1
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

The usual combination of family obligations and taxi duty for the kids only
allowed for about 20 hours OTA. I finally got the N1MM+ voice keyer working
fairly well - I thought the serial numbers sounded stilted, but I had many
fewer requests for fills with them than when I spoke the numbers, so I guess
equalization and a little compression works wonders.

Murphy visited as he always does during a contest. My trusty Alpha 9500 decided
to introduce infinite SWR on the way to the SteppIR, so I switched over to the
Expert 1.3K-FA and ran SO1R for the last day. Despite the usual doldrums on
Sunday afternoon, I had some intense runs (200+ Qs/minute for short bursts),
probably because of a relatively rare prefix and the fact that all the other
loud stations had been worked.

I didn't expect to make nearly as many Qs as I did, nor score anywhere near
what I did, so I can't complain. I don't like SSB contests nearly as much as CW
or digital due to the endless splatter and stations all over each other on 20
and 40 Meters, but this one was fun.