[3830] WPX SSB AC1U(N1UR) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB AC1U(N1UR) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 17:30:04 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: AC1U
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  393
   40:  686
   20: 1812
   15:  282
   10:    4
------------

Club:

Comments:

Well it was supposed to be a fully competitive effort but a last minute
schedule change for a business trip meant that I was pulling the
plug at 1730Z on Sunday. Ususally, the last 2 - 3 hours are very
productive.  So I knew this would be fatal for a competitive
entry.  I decided to do a pretty competitive entry anyway and
put in 34 hours.  But for sure, 4 or 5 of those hours were not
when you would want to do it from W1.

Conditiions on 80M were excellent.  With some good activity.

40M was excellent here from 21 - 01Z but then the MUF would
drop and on both days there was virtually NO EU sunrise recovery.
This happens when the SFI is really low and has been that way for
a while.  Or when conditions are disturbed - which they were not
this weekend - finally....

20M was excellent - including Asia.  Although it closes down to
EU pretty early with the low SFI.

15M basically sounded like 10M with E scatter opening to EU and
some of the USA (spotty - typical E prop).  SA and Carib was
solid for many hours most days and provided some mult opportunity.

10M was "is my antenna working?".  I heard no one on Saturday.  I
heard and worked one LU on Sunday before shutting down and CQ'd for
about 10 mins to end the contest (for me) which netted other few
Qs with SA and some USA E scatter.

If you like running bucket fulls of Russians, Euopeans, and Asians
this is your contest.  I had 6 BY stations and 10 YB stations answer
my CQs (all on 20M).  I worked as many non-JA asians as JAs in this
contest, which is just unheard of from W1 in any other contest.

I thought there was an unusally high number of YL operators on the
air for this one as well.  Great to see that.

See you in WPX CW.

73

Ed  AC1U/N1UR