[3830] WPX SSB PI4DX M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB PI4DX M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 18:08:55 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: PI4DX
Operator(s): DL8OBQ DK3DM DO9EE PA3EVY PC5Z PD1DX PD2R PD7RB
Station: PI4DX

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    5
   80:  400
   40: 1347
   20: 1798
   15:  114
   10:    0
------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Hello @ all Contest friends!

1st of all a BIG THANK YOU to Erik, PD1DX for his invitation to us
3 DL-OPs to come to him and do operate with our new PA-friends the WPX-SSB
Contest @PI4DX. We did not know each other before personaly, but only from
many radio contacts before and it was our wish to visit PI4DX for a contest
operation.
That is what ham radio makes so special... Erik just said OK,come over and do
the Contest together. Realy nice to meet new vy friendly people in person this
weekend.
True ham radio friendship and fun!
We planed to do a M2 entry, but we realised, that interference from one band to
other was high and so we decided to go M/S.
We did a real oldstyle M/S. Only 1 Radio and some operators. No inband station
and other fancy stuff you need to be realy competive in M/S category nowadays.
But given the bad condx we had this weekend we are realy happy with this score
and we had a lot of fun.
many thanks to all for the QSOs and we hope everyone had as much fun, as we had
@ PI4DX.

On behalf of the PI4DX  PA-DL-WPX team...
Heiko,DK3DM