[3830] WPX SSB KH6CJJ SOAB(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KH6CJJ SOAB(TS) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 20:42:05 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KH6CJJ
Operator(s): KH6CJJ
Station: KH6CJJ

Class: SOAB(TS) LP
QTH: Maui, Hawaii
Operating Time (hrs): 22:17

------------
  160:
   80:   38
   40:   65
   20:  260
   15:  232
   10:   14
------------

Club: Maui Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

This has always been a difficult contest for me and this year was no exception.
The poor conditions coupled with my low power, low antenna station made for a
lot of time spent with a low score to show for it.  I often heard WH6R, only
100 miles away, running stations that I could not even hear. Shows what power
and big antennas can do! Having only six Europeans and only a few JA stations
in the log, really held down the multipliers.

There was not much incentive in this contest to try 10 meters, but I tried for
the fun of it.  Saturday, about 2200 UTC, the beacons from the Mainland US were
strong here, but I only ever heard two stations.  W6CWM was strong and easily
worked, while KZ5MM was weak and never heard me.  On Sunday, KA6BIM and I moved
from 15 down to 10 and eventually made contact. I heard him right away with him
running power and a big antenna, but he could only hear me during the peaks of
QSB cycles. Much of each day, I could hear and work a few stations from South
America, with PS2T being very strong much of the time.

Notwithstanding the poor conditions, I still had fun chasing like minded
friends from all over the world! Thanks for the Q's.

Aloha, Kent