[3830] WPX SSB KG5HVO SOAB(R) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KG5HVO SOAB(R) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 00:40:10 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KG5HVO
Operator(s): KG5HVO
Station: KG5HVO

Class: SOAB(R) LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Yaseu FT-900AT, Homebrew vertical

Hello fellow contest operators!

Thanks for all the QSOs in the contest!  I had a pretty rough start to begin
with. My main antenna, the dipole, failed during an intense thunderstorm 3
hours before the contest so I was forced to my homebrew vertical which is not
my best antenna for the high bands.

I started on 40m which was good because I picked up my first QSO at 00:27Z and
followed with many more QSOs on 40m. I went to 20m to see if the band was open
and was quite surprised to see how well the band was.  I worked lots of SA and
some NA.  KL7RA was booming in.  I went back to 40m to pick up my rate doing
S&P.  I went to check 15m at around 0300Z to make sure the band was asleep
but I   ran into ZL4AS!  I then went back to 40m which I stayed on the band the
resty of the night.

Next morning I woke up at about 12:45Z to try and catch some JAs on 40m.  No
JAs but plenty of lids!!  I heard a station call a contest staion using the
callsign of SH1T!  SH1T, SERIOUSLY!!!  I have some words for you lid!  GROW
UP!!!!

10m was on fire Saturday afternoon!!  It was open to SA most of the time with
some Carrib. stations poking for some action.  Please stop trash talking the
10m band, it was great Saturday afternoon and Sunday scoring me 40 Qs even at