[3830] NA Sprint SSB N7MZW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB N7MZW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2017 05:03:23 +0000
NA Sprint SSB Contest - April

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Cheyenne, WY
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

   80:   31    1H 1M
   40:   77   2H 10M
   20:   16   16 MIN
---------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GMC #1

Comments:

Kenwood TS-940S, Heil BM-10, and a new WA2NAN 102 foot long G5RV up 40 feet
running N-S at an elevation of 6,053 feet in Laramie Co. Wyoming. My latest
G5RV is insulated 12 Ga. wire, and is easily 2-3 S-units quieter than the bare
wire of my last (MFJ) G5RV during high QRN periods. This contest always gets my
blood pumping and my heart racing. When you are used to being heard on the first
call and somebody else beats you to the punch, it can get frustrating, but
that's just part of the fun factor,...I guess? Nice to work fellow club member
K0UK, Bill after missing him on numerous prior attempts. The only intentional
QRM that I heard, occurred on 75 phone. Otherwise very few haters. I wasted
valuable time looking for action on 160, 15, and 10 meters, only to remember
later that those are NOT viable bands for SSB Sprint! ALWAYS REVIEW THE RULES
BEFORE EVERY EVENT! (This will be my first tattoo if I ever get one.)Another
Boy and his Wire Adventure from my Cheyenne, Wyoming Apartment QTH is in the
books. Thanks to all who worked me. November Seven Many Zebras Walking